BENEFITS OF INDOOR CYCLING and OUTDOOR CYCLING
Spinning or Power Pacing is an indoor cycling class led by trained instructors. Workouts are conducted on specially designed stationary bikes that feature a weighted flywheel, a front wheel, plus adjustable seats and handlebars. Spin-type bikes also come equipped with a gear knob, which allows you to modify the intensity of your workout. Spinning classes typically consist of 15 to 20 people and last about 60 minutes. In addition to the bikes, another key component of spinning classes is music.
If you are not convinced that spinning is right for you, consider the following benefits:
Burns Fat Dozens of medical studies have been conducted to research the benefits of spinning. During the course of one study, experts found that the average spinner can increase his or her heart rate to 80 percent, which is considered “excellent” when it comes to burning fat. This is especially significant given that the majority of fat burning occurs when a person’s heart rate is at approximately 65 to 75 percent of maximum capacity. Many gyms equip their spinning bikes with heart rate monitors so riders can check their pace and adjust their cycling habits to optimize fat burning. In addition to reducing fat, spinning is also a great way to burn calories. By participating in a 60-minute spinning class, you have the potential to burn upwards of 1,200 calories.
Cycling utilizes the body’s largest muscle groups: glutes, quadriceps and hamstrings. By participating in a spinning class, you are able to target the aforementioned muscle groups and improve blood flow to each. In addition, spinning helps tone your calf muscles and strengthens your tendons, which improves overall leg strength.
Spinning is an ideal exercise to improve your cardiovascular system. Your heart and lungs make up your cardiovascular system, and the fitter you become, the more efficiently they work. Consistent cycling improves blood flow throughout your body and increases the speed by which oxygen is distributed. Over time, spinning will help improve heart and lung performance and increase your overall fitness level.
In addition to improving your cardiovascular system, spinning also encourages the use of stabilizer muscles found in your trunk, hips and shoulders. Improvement of these muscles helps to enhance body alignment and posture.
Reduces Risk of Injury
Spinning is considered a non-load bearing exercise, which means your body does not have to bear the burden of supporting all your weight throughout your workout. Since the majority of spinning exercises are done while sitting, the pressure is taken off your joints and you reduce your risk of injury. This is something that is not accomplished when participating in other cardio activities such as running.
- Other benefits of spinning include:
- Not having to worry about poor weather conditions
- Not having to purchase expensive workout equipment
- Having an instructor on hand to provide extra motivation
- Learning in a group environment
- Controlling your own aerobic output
To maximize the benefits achieved by spinning, consider these five tips:
- Adjust your bike according to your height. Set the saddle to your hip level to ensure your knees are not bent or locked straight when peddling.
- Choose proper fitting shoes. Experts recommend stiff-soled fitness shoes rather than soft running sneakers. If you find that you enjoy spinning, you might consider investing in special cycling shoes that clip on to the bike’s pedals.
- Bring a bottle of water. It’s a good idea to bring a bottle of water to class and take frequent drinks while you ride. Spinning offers a high intensity workout and most participants sweat profusely during class. Having water on hand will help you remain hydrated.
- Bring a towel. You will need it to wipe sweat from your body and the bike handles during your workout.
- Don’t force yourself. Don't get caught up in the excitement of the class and ride beyond your fitness level. Doing so may cause painful injuries
- Cycling outdoor will boost your mental health. Biking in natural environments was associated with greater feelings of revitalization, increased energy and keep your mind positive. It help reduce tension, confusion, anger, and depression.
- You’ll Gain Core Strength and Stability by working on balancing the bike and standing climb.
- You Can Ride Mindfulness along a path outside in nature, enjoying your surroundings and quiet contemplation. Quiet time in nature can result in more overall life satisfaction, happiness, mindfulness, and self appreciation, reduce stress.
- You can run your errand while riding outdoor
- Outdoor cycling burn more calories by allowing the cyclists to exercise at a higher intensity, despite similar environmental conditions and perceived exertion. You will be able to push yourself harder on a real hill outside.
- A healthy way of socialising, making new friends or discovering new routes with a group cycling.
Everydayfoodilove.co/ angeline-ong-yoga.blogspot.com. Thank you for reading our posts. Our team media coverage touches mostly on lifestyle events and focuses on happening scenes in Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu. Invite us for food reviews, travel and hotel reviews, KL clubbing reviews and product launches. Our other interests include the movies, technology and photography. Subscribe to my facebook page. Contact us via my email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Instagram: @angelineonglimin ASEAN TOP 50 SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCERS AWARD 2019 at ASEAN OUTSTANDING BUSINESS AWARD 2019 #AOBA #ARFF