ITS CRUNCH TIME THIS FOOTBALL SEASON WITH MISSION CHIPS!
Get your game on with Mission Chips this footie season and max your enjoyment of the great tasting tortilla chips with some delicious dips! Mission Chips made its official debut in Malaysia recently right on time for the upcoming FIFA World Cup Season. Perfect for shin-digs or just plain snacking, the authentic tortilla chips made from 100% real corn comes with a promise of 30% less oil than regular potato chips. That’s a score right there!
“We wanted to introduce Mission Chips as the quintessential chips and dips snack to be enjoyed with the family or when entertaining friends especially during the upcoming football season. It comes in six flavours, can be enjoyed with any sort of dip as it is made with superior quality ingredients giving it that authentic crunch that consumers love,” said Randall as he welcomed guests at the football themed launch of Mission Chips.
To illustrate how well the chips go with dips, Mission engaged the highly talented private chef Isadora Chai to demonstrate dips with a local twist that can be prepared in minutes at home. Chip and dip plates are a real crowd pleaser, and pretty much anyone will enjoy the laid back feel of an easily accessible snack table crunch. To kick-start ideas, Isadora showed how to make Mission Curried Cream Cheese Dip and Mission Sarawakian Umai dip and shared her recipes for Mission Spiced Green Pea dip, and Mission Sweet and Spicy Tomato Coriander Dip.
For those who want to entertain but find themselves stretched for time, Isadora suggested making cheat dips using sauces bought from mamak shops or food stalls. With a little bit of imagination, even leftovers can be used to create a delicious mouth-watering chips and dips bar. Isadora’s cheat dips, Mission Chicken Satay dip and Mission Crunchy Spiced Mint Chutney dip made using store-bought pasembur sauce and mint chutney were a hit at the launch.
To fully engage with Malaysians during the World Cup season, Mission will be hosting its Mamak Invasion football viewing parties at selected Mamak shops in the Klang Valley throughout the FIFA World Cup season, kicking off on June 13th at BRJ, Wangsa Maju at 4am. Patrons of the shop at that time can look forward to Brazil-themed entertainment, games and prizes, free Mission chips and dips, and activities that will capture the bona fide spirit of the FIFA World Cup 2014. For a schedule of the viewing party, please refer to the enclosed schedule.
Mission Chips is available in Cheese, Tomato, Hot and Spice, Butter and Garlic, Barbeque and Original flavours, perfect on its own or enjoyed with dips. The chips which come in 65 g and 170 g bags retail at RM2.99 and RM6.99 respectively. Up the ante on snacking and score with Mission Corn Chips today.
For more information about Mission Chips visit the website at http://missionfoods.com.au/
RECIPES FOR MISSION DIPS
MISSION CURRIED CREAM CHEESE DIP
• 250 ml tub cream cheese, softened to room temperature
• 1 tbsp curry powder
• ½ tsp lemon rind, finely chopped
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Mix the ingredients together, adjust the heat of the curry powder to your preference.
MISSION SARAWAKIAN UMAI
• 800 g sashimi grade fish (e.g. ikan parang, tuna, yellowtail, mackerel,
• sea bass, snapper), skinned and deboned and sliced thinly
• 1 tbsp good quality vinegar
• 5 shallots, finely pounded
• 10 Bird’s eye chilly, pounded
• 4 cloves of garlic, skin removed and pounded
• Juice of 15 calamansi limes
• 2 red chillies, seeded and sliced lengthwise into thin strips
• 1 whole purple onion (or Spanish onion), thinly sliced
• Salt to taste
• Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
• 4 tbsp peanuts, roasted and ground
• Fresh whole coriander leaves for garnishing
• In a large bowl, mix in the fish slices with vinegar. Squeeze out the excess vinegar. In the same bowl, mix through the pounded shallots, chilly and garlic, lime juice, sliced chillies and onions.
• Let the fish ‘cook’ in the acidic dressing for at least 5 mins and then season to taste with salt.
• Just before serving, toss in the coriander leaves and ground peanuts.
• Serve the umai with Mission corn chips.
MISSION SPICED GREEN PEA DIP
• 40 g yellow onions, peeled and diced finely
• 600 ml chicken stock
• 1 cm cube ginger
• ½ tsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 3 tbs fresh green coriander leaves, chopped
• ¼ green chilli
• 500 g green peas
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• ¼ tsp roasted cumin seeds, grounded
• 4 tbsp sour cream, to taste
• Salt to taste
• Combine diced onion, chicken stock, ginger, ground coriander powder and cumin powder in a pot and bring to a boil.
• Then simmer for 5 mins.
• Fish out the ginger and add fresh coriander leaves, green chilly, peas, roasted cumin seeds and cook until peas are tender for approximately 2-3 mins.
• Separate the liquid from the solids and blend the solids until fine. You may use some of the boiling liquid to thin out the pea mash.
• Season accordingly.
• Just before serving the dip, heat the pea dip and add sour cream and salt to taste.
MISSION TOMATO and CORIANDER DIP
• ½ tsp coriander seeds
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• 4 very ripe tomatoes
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, finely pounded
• 1 tbsp gula Melaka, pounded
• 5 fresh curry leaves, finely sliced
• 1 tsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
• 1 red chilly, deseeded and finely diced
• 1 tsp mustard seeds
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Place the coriander and cumin seeds in a dry pan and dry roast the spices until the seeds start to pop. Place in a pestle and mortar and grind finely.
• Finely score X’s through the skin of the tomatoes.
• Place in a pot of boiling water to blanch the tomatoes until the skins start to peel away from the tomatoes.
• Remove from the water and place in an icebath.
• Core out the woody part of the tomatoes and roughly chop the tomatoes.
• Mix in the olive oil, then add in the rest of the ingredients and the ground spices.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
MISSION CHICKEN SATAY DIP
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
• 3 tbsp cooking oil
• ½ tsp turmeric powder
• 1 stalk lemon grass, sliced and pounded finely
• 3 cloves garlic pounded
• 200 g minced chicken meat
• Salt to taste
• 1 ½ cups pasembur sauce
• Heat oil in a wok and then sauté the turmeric powder, pounded lemon grass and garlic until fragrant.
• Add in the chicken meat and stir-fry the meat until it is just cooked.
• Season the chicken with salt to taste.
• Then finally add in the pasembur sauce and cook until the sauce comes to a boil.
• Serve immediately with the Mission Corn Chips.
MISSION CRUNCHY SPICED MINT CHUTNEY
Preparation time: 10 mins
• 1 cup mint chutney
• ½ cup thick cream (or double cream)
• ½ tsp ground coriander powder
• ½ tsp ground cumin powder
• ¼ cucumber, skinned, deseeded & diced
• ½ green capsicum, deseeded & diced
• ¼ Spanish onion, finely diced
• 2 tbsp finely sliced spring onions
• ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
• Salt to taste
• Whisk the mint chutney with the thick cream until smooth, then mix in the ground coriander and cumin.
• Add in the rest of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• You may keep this dip refrigerated until ready to serve with the Mission Tortilla Chips.
Mission Foods is a subsidiary of GRUMA, S.A.B. de C.V. GRUMA began its operations in Mexico in 1949. GRUMA is the indisputable worldwide leader in corn flour and tortilla wrap production, with operations in United States, Mexico, Central America, Venezuela, Europe, Australia, China and Malaysia. With the backing of Gruma's global technology and resources, Mission Foods has grown to become one of the largest producers of tortilla wrap products, producing almost a quarter of all flatbreads sold in the world and offers a full line of the highest quality tortilla wraps to satisfy every taste - from the freshest-tasting flour and corn tortillas to their popular whole wheat, multi-grain and fat free varieties.
For more information, please contact:
Andora Fredericks/Syasya Lourdes
C33-5-7 Jaya One, No 72A,
Jalan Universiti 46200,Section 13, Petaling Jaya
M: 012-3921 553
Everydayfoodilove.co/ angeline-ong-yoga.blogspot.com. Thank you for reading our posts. Our team media coverage touches mostly on lifestyle events and focuses on happening scenes in Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu. Invite us for food reviews, travel and hotel reviews, KL clubbing reviews and product launches. Our other interests include the movies, technology and photography. Subscribe to my facebook page. Contact us via my email at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com