Muscle Muffin with healthier ingredient options
Muffins are a delicious and quick breakfast or portable energy-packed snack. Want some delicious muffins but looking for a healthier option lower in fat and sugar? Try one of these muffin recipes using fruit or vegetables and healthier ingredient options.
Muscle Muffin from my Pilates teacher - EvonIngredients:
3 ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup homemade kumquat marmalade
1/2 cup bitter dark chocolate morsels
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup hemp flour or subsitute with all purpose or cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup malibu coconut liqueur
peach slices or any other fresh berry or banana slices
- whisk eggs sugar yogurt, vanilla and coconut oil (coconut liqueur if using). add in mashed banana and avocado, marmalade.
- sift all flour, cinnamon and baking soda. add in salt and chocolate morsels.
- mix the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. don't over mixed.
- place in muffins mold. sprinkle toppings if using.
- bake in preheated oven 180 C for 15-20mins.
- enjoy as breakfast or after a good workout
Everydayfoodilove.co/ angeline-ong-yoga.blogspot.com. Thank you for reading our posts. Our team media coverage touches mostly on lifestyle events and focuses on happening scenes in Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu. Invite us for food reviews, travel and hotel reviews, KL clubbing reviews and product launches. Our other interests include the movies, technology and photography. Subscribe to my facebook page. Contact us via my email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com