You Are Reading

0

Property Hunter Expo Showcased Top-Notch Properties

Angeline Tuesday, March 11, 2014 , , ,


The 2014 Property Hunter Expo (PH Expo) took place last weekend at the Sabah Trade Centre in Kota Kinabalu. The free-to-attend exhibition featured over 50 developers and more than 70 properties from Australia, Singapore, West Malaysia, Sarawak and Sabah. During the three day period, the event managed to attract more than 15,000 visitors which garnered a record breaking sales of 200 units totalling up to RM150 million.

Ayat Ishak, Speaker from KL
According to organizer and director of Maxx Media (S) Sdn Bhd Michael Hiew, “We are very pleased with the encouraging public response. Despite the cooling measures by the government and the tightening of lending policies by Bank Negara, it is obvious that there is still strong interest in the property market in Sabah. ”

During the Expo, 49% of visitors were in the youth category ranging from 21 to 39 years old, 40% were between 40 to 59 years old and 11% were veterans aged 60 and above. 42% of the visitors earn a monthly income of RM3,000 and below, 38% earns between RM3,000 and RM6,000, and 20% earns RM6,000 and above. 28% of the visitors have their own company or are self employed, 28% are civil servants working for the government and 14% consist of businesspersons and professionals working in management and executive levels.
58% of the visitors prefer to make investments between the price range of RM201,000 to RM500,000. These statistic shows that there is a high demand of affordable housing as (based on their income level) most of the visitors are not capable of servicing bank loans for properties above RM500,000. Hence, approximately 70% of the visitors think that both residential and commercial property prices in Malaysia are too expensive and beyond their means.

43% of visitors think that the real estate climate has become positive in the last six months and more than 60% of the visitors are worried that the prices of properties will increase across the board in the next six months. However, 33% of them believe that Sabah will be the next hotspot in the country.

Currently 67% of the visitors live in landed properties and the remaining 33% live in high rise condominiums and apartments. When asked what they look for when wanting to invest in a new property, 21% said location, 15% said safety and security and 10% said good infrastructure and amenities.
Louis Pang Photography Session
Other exciting activities also took place such as the Property Talk Session, which saw over 200 participants; a free photography session by award-winning photographer Louis Pang, who managed to shoot over 230 families during the weekend; and a drawing and colouring competition sponsored by ABX Express, which had over 120 participants.
ABX Express Colouring Contest
Visitors also receive a free copy of the latest Property Hunter magazine and they can stand a chance to win attractive prizes such as a trip to Shanghai and a iPad Mini when they enter the Visit & Win and Buy and Win contests.

This year, PH Expo will also be supporting Habitat for Humanity, a non-governmental organization that helps eliminate poverty housing by building affordable houses for the less fortunate. For every purchase of property made, Maxx Media pledged to donate RM50 to the NGO and in total, the organizer managed to raise RM10,000 for the cause.

Hiew said, “We are looking forward to the next Property Hunter Expo which will take place in Sandakan from 11 to 13 April and Tawau from 16 to 18 May. It will be a joint venture with the Sabah Housing and Real Estate Developers Association (SHAREDA). We will feature booths of different developers, property agents and banks.”

PH Expo is an annual Business-to-Consumer (B2C) event that aims to bring investors and home buyers to property developers with the ever growing demand in premium property. For more information, visit www.propertyhunter.com.my

For media enquiries or additional photos, please contact:
Rozella Mahjhrin
Email: rozella.mahjhrin@gmail.com
Tel: +6-013-850-2239
Fax: +6-088-728387

Everydayfoodilove.coangeline-ong-yoga.blogspot.com. Thank you for reading our posts. Our team media coverage touches mostly on lifestyle events and focuses on happening scenes in Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu. Invite us for food reviews, travel and hotel reviews, KL clubbing reviews and product launches. Our other interests include the movies, technology and photography. Subscribe to my facebook page. Contact us via my email at: angel_line78@hotmail.com or monicaong@hotmail.com or ronco_17@hotmail.com Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Everyday Food I Love